Friday, January 16, 2009

Love is like Lust

Relationships are hard to handle especially when your young and a female. When someone doesn’t know what their doing in a relationship its easy to loose your partner because your partner can easily be distracted by someone else. Relationships today are based on lust and just that, no getting to know one another before jumping into a relationship with a person. Love is funny because its a lot like lust and sometimes you can lust someone and think your in love.

Take it from me, awhile ago there was this guy I was seeing and all he wanted to do was have sex, instead of getting to know him better I did just what he wanted. He always told me how much I looked good and how much he wanted to get in my pants. Being young, dumb, and falling for his stupid lines I feel in love without knowing what love really means. Truly, I believed I loved him but after going through pain, hurt and having no trust in that relationship it finally occurred to me that what we had wasn’t love at all, but what we did have was lust.

Coming from a harsh relationship like that and being a young female I can honestly say I have much experience as an older woman. Seeing young girls being in relationships like that always remind me of the ones I been through and it hurt me because I know what they are going through. Assuming that no ones cares for them and thinking their boyfriend is the only one who truly does because they put little buds in their ear to make them feel good, I cant understand why girls want to be treated like that.

A couple of my friends where in and are in the same position I was in and they come to me with their problems. Coming from past experience, I shared my details and told them what I did to make sure I was suppose to be in that relationship.

To rap it all up and to make my point, Love is a lot like Lust. If your coming out of a relationship, don’t rush into another wait until you think your ready, if the person cant wait then they don’t need to be with you. Don’t base your relationship on sex because it will not turn out right, be respectful of yourself and who you are and if the person cant understand then they don’t understand you.

7 comments:

  1. you sound very knowledgeable in your stuff. can't wait to hear more of your ideas. definitely one of the more intersting topics and one i'm interested in reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of respect for you talking about your relationships because I really don't know if i could do that. But I will read your blog because i am very interested. I dated this guy for almost 3 years and he was very munipulative it was so unhealthy. he reminds me exactly of the guy you were talking about. I am now actually in a really good relationship, finally =]!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg lil bit this is so good i really need to her this from u because i just did the most dumb thing like that to my relationship me being dumb think i nned to open my eyes up a lil wider... good job girl..

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very good topic to blog about..i feel that alot of girls fall into these kinds of situations. i know how it feels to be young and think your in love! this stuff is very true. cant wait to hear your next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I belive you make some really good points about realationships. What you go through in realastionships can be hurtful so it is a great idea to wait to move into another one. Even if there is stipulations that can provoke you to move into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with you. I know that if you want to have a real relationship, like a really honest to god relationship you have to wait. Do not give it up so early in the relationship. If they really like you for you than they will stick around, if not then you know what they were there for.
    Dont give it up cause your afraid your going to loose them, because if you do that you will just be hurting yourself in the end. Look out for number one first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to agree with the statement that your making. I think that sometime females fall in love a little to easy.

    ReplyDelete