Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Love stinks...

Just recently I've broken up with my ex-boyfriend of 2 horrible and wonderful yrs, but this isn't going to be the last time were going to break up. I mean I have a lot of love for this guy, but he's the type of guy you have to treat like your child due to him being abandoned and neglected as a child.

Every time we break up I know its not going to be the last time because he has the words to get me back into his world. This last time we broke up he cried his heart out to me and I've never seen him act like that before. So I been thinking maybe I should give him another chance and then again he's always getting chances from me because I hate to see people hurt especially if I was the one to cause them to hurt. My mom has been telling me from day one that I needed to get rid of him because she knows when a man is only out for himself and she told me to be careful around him too because he's controlling!

I didn't exactly knew what she meant until we really got deep into our relationship. Awhile back in the summer of '07 he got mad at me because I wouldn't do what he told me to do, I didn't do things he wanted me to do, and as we was arguing an image of my mother popped in my head telling me that he was controlling. I finally realized she was right but love is blind.

When someone like your mother or someone whose known you for a long time, if they warn you about something, take the time out and listen. It may seem like they're hating and showing some signs of jealousy, but it could be that they care about you very much and they just want what's best for you.

5 comments:

  1. i understand. my mom and everyone of my friends are giving me advice to break things off. but i can't do it. i want to take their advice and do it. but its really hard, i guess i just have to learn for myself. i understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to do what is best for you, treat them how you want to be treated, but be with someone who treats you with respect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother sounds like a wise woman--it's always a good thing to get good advice.

    Parents, though we may think they are out of touch, know (most of the time) what they are talking about--so keep listing to her.

    This ex/boyfriend of yours may have his background issues, but he will never see "the light of day" about who he is and what he needs to change until you show him.

    It is good that you are a nice person, however, being nice can have its burdens at, especially, when someone takes notice and takes advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When your mom tells you something most of the time you should listen to her. All relationship are not meant to work out so keep your head up and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completey agree with ForwardThought, especially the ex boyfriend part. It's probably good that he has someone like you in his life if he's had some problems growing up but maybe just helping him find his way is what's needed.You just got to deal with things with an open-mind, you'll figure it out. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete